Friday, March 28, 2008

A New Breed Of New Wave - A Mix Of Alternative Dance Rock and Breakbeats


No words can describe how ecstatic I am still feeling right now with all the very cool and encouraging (even sometimes flattering) comments that all of you guys have given me; from my "virtual" blogger friends and buddies to fellow DJs and to more new friends popping up into the comments and chatbox sections giving me a shout-out of some sort. Thank you to everyone once again and I promise you the best in music mixes, remixes and mash-ups and even suprises once in a while. :)

For today's upload, I'm thinking of pumping up some breakbeats once more, for a change that is, since I remember my last Breaks upload was still back in June of last year (check out "Bring The Noise - Some Crunchy Breakbeats" for some flashback) and another one in in July of the same year (check out "A Joyful Rebellion - When Rock and Dance Music Collide"). So for all you Breakbeat fans out there, lucky you.

This time, however, it would be more inclined to the dance rock/alternative edge rather than pure Breaks. In reference to the title of my post, I've mixed songs from some of the most promising underground and even mainstream alternative bands of today, whose music reminded me of old school 80s New Wave, from Peter Bjorn and John, Coldplay, The Fray, Interpol, She Wants Revenge, Moving Units, The Kills, Death Cab for Cutie and more. Have also some stuff from Fatboy Slim, The Wiseguys, and DJ Shadow bringing in those funky breaks.

Now if you want something uniquely noisy, but funky and danceable at the same time (slam dance that is), you might enjoy today's mix set.

Tracklist:
1. Idioteque - Radiohead (The Beatmeister's Remix)
2. Clocks - Coldplay
3. The Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
4. The Good Ones - The Kills
5. The Heinrich Maneuver - Interpol


6. Written In Blood - She Wants Revenge
7. Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
8. High Noon - DJ Shadow
9. Everybody Needs a 303 - Fatboy Slim (Plump DJs Remix)
10. Short Skirt, Long Jacket - Cake
11. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie
12. How To Save A Life - The Fray
13. What I've Done - Linkin Park
14. 100 Years - Five For Fighting
15. Hella Good - No Doubt

16. Start The Commotion - The Wiseguys
17. Starlight - Muse




Have a listen to this mix and prepare your own mosh pit to jump into!

No comments: