Monday, August 25, 2008

Midnight In A Perfect World (The Beatmeister's KP3 Remix5) - DJ Shadow


Here's the ultimate chillout song for me, great for relaxing and just taking it easy. One of my fave DJs/producers in the trip hop scene, DJ Shadow has been considered a prominent figure in the instrumental hip hop/trip hop scene and has gained popularity with the release of his highly acclaimed debut, "Endtroducing," which was constructed entirely from samples.

This track taken from the album is a typical example of how he was able to construct an excellent and original tune with just the use of sampling. Here are a few of the samples used:


"Sower of Seeds" by Baraka
"Outta State" by Akinyele
"Life Could" by Rotary Connection
"California Soul" by Marlena Shaw
"The Human Abstract" by David Axelrod
"The Madness Subsides" by Pekka Pohjola
"Dolmen Music" & "Gotham Lullaby" by Meredith Monk
"Releasing Hypnotical Gases" by Organized Konfusion
"Summer Breeze" by The Isley Brothers "Soul" by S.O.U.L.


I've to decided to do my own remix to this very cool track with a major influence from DJ Shadow himself (esp. with the delays and breakdowns), thanks to my new Korg. I've also done some looping and mixing of my favorite parts within the song with a bit of old school/tape splicing style remixing.


Enjoy and have a cool week ahead!! :D

No comments: