Here's the long overdue sequel to my first 80s New Wave - Slam Dance Mix posted around 5 months back, which was also incidentally featured by my good friend, Dr. Stirring Rhod, back at his extreme retro 80s blog. BTW, welcome back to blogosphere bro. hehehe.
For today's post, I'm going to try something different once again; the link provided for the mix would be leading you directly to "The Vault" radio station, as The Boy Wonder (many thanks again Benj!) would be premiering it on Saturday, October 5, starting at 8 PM (Pacific Standard Time) onwards (Sunday, October 6, around 12 noon Manila Time), so please stay tuned in on that day for the exclusive premiere of my unreleased mixset.
Just like the first installment, this mix is anything and everything 80s (except for two tracks, but still having that New Wave sound), purely rockin' and slammin' New Wave hits. Kicking off is my fave fave track from Xmal Deutschland followed by a Violent Femmes revival from Gnarls Barkley, then The Cure, She Wants Revenge, Devo, Ultravox, The Colourfield, The Primitives, The Go-Go's, Olivia Newton-John, Pat Benatar and David Bowie.
1) Matador (12" Extended Version) - Xmal Deutschland
2) Gone Daddy Gone - Gnarls Barkley
3) Boys Don't Cry (Robbie Steel Dance Mix) - The Cure
4) Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge
5) Whip It (SPiNTECH Remix) - Devo - thanks to my man, Mick!!
6) All Stood Still (12" Extended Version) - Ultravox - thanks to my good friend, Bing for this track!!
7) My Wild Flame (The Beatmeister's Remix) - The Colourfield
8) Crash (Replec Remix) - The Primitives - excellent remix from my buddy, DJ Danny of The Vault... thanks man!!
9) Head Over Heels (Fusion Mix) - The Go-Go's
10) Twist Of Fate (12" Extended Version) - Olivia Newton-John
11) Love Is A Battlefield (12" Extended Version) - Pat Benatar
12) Modern Love (Dodi's Bootleg Crossover Remix) - David Bowie
Hear it first and exclusively on The Vault @ Live365!
Hope you guys can tune in and I guarantee that you'll enjoy this ultimate fast New Wave set once more if you loved my first Slam Dance Mix.