Friday, June 20, 2008

Classics Remixed - Every Breath You Take (The Beatmeister's Remix) - The Police


Somethin' for the weekend, another prelude to my upcoming 80s mix once more with a sort of different theme.

Here's my personal take on this 1983 classic track from another great 80s band, "The Police." Composed of Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner more popularly known as Sting on vocals and bass, Andy Sumners on guitar and vocals, and Stewart Copeland on drums, percussion and vocals, they became popular globally in the early 80s playing a different style of rock influenced by jazz, rock and reggae. This hit was from their 1983 album, "Synchronicity," which topped the UK charts for four weeks and the Billboard Music Charts for eight weeks. It was also sampled by P. Diddy on his hit, "I'll Be Missing You" with Faith Evans in memory of the late Notorious B.I.G.



Stay tuned for my 80s Movie Soundtracks & Contemporary Rock Mix coming soon!! PEACE OUT!

No comments: