This is another genre, which I am learning to appreciate as I listen to it more and more. As quoted from wikipedia, "Minimal tech is considered a minimalist sub-genre of techno, which is characterized by a stripped down aesthetic that exploits the use of repetition and understated development. This style of dance music adheres to the motto, less is more, hence the word 'minimal'."
For today's mix upload, I've included my faves in this genre namely Richie Hawtin a.k.a. Plastikman, Satoshi Tomiie, Sasha, Deadmau5, Pryda and Terry Lee Brown.
The atmosphere that I've created for this mix is somewhat of a hybrid between minimal tech with a tinge of electro as it progresses just to add some spice to the latter's generally repetitive beats, which in a way, becomes stale and might become boring for some new listeners.
Classic tunes gone electro from The Who, INXS, The Fray and House Of Pain provides that needed kick. A remixed Kylie is also included.
1) Spastik (Dubfire Rework) - Plastikman
2) Solar (Windluca Bacchetti Remix) - Satoshi Tomiie
3) Baba O'Riley (Extended Mix) - The Who vs. The Cube Guys - check this out!! love this remix!
4) Who's The Big Boss (Original Mix) - Delete
5) Wow (David Guetta and Joachim Garraud Remix) - Kylie Minogue
7) Jump Around (Deadmau5 Remix) - House Of Pain
8) Community Funk (Original Mix) - Deadmau5
9) Pixel (Original Mix) - El Farouki
10) Need You Tonight (Insider Traitors Remix) - INXS
12) Groove You Out Tonight (Funkagendas Dry Bagel Mix) - Shik Stylko feat. Tyree Cooper
13) How To Save A Life (Robbie Rivera Remix) - The Fray
14) Continue In My Words - (Original Mix) Paer Grindvik
15) Our Rhythm (Original Mix) - Terry Lee Brown
Move and groove to that minimal-electro hybrid!