Here's a nice collection of some of my fave popular tracks incorporating rap/hip hop into dancey, four-to-the-floor beats. It's very similar to the hip-house genre, which was very popular back in the early 90s (Technotronic, Heavy D & The Boys, Mr. Lee, 2-Unlimited), but with the BPMs a bit slower and more funkier.
Kicking off the set is a not-so-new tune from LL Cool J called "Phenomenon," which has elements of Armand Van Helden's "Funk Phenomenon," followed by Positive K's "I Got A Man." Two more of my current faves blend in the mix consecutively after Craig Daid with my recent remix of Dice & K9's "Eargasmic" and Estelle feat. Kanye West's "American Boy."
It builds up with Janet's "Feedback" followed by Rihanna's "Please Don't Stop The Music," sampling an MJ song. More heavy beats pump through your subs via Kanye feat. T Pain, Akon, Gwen Stefani, and recent Manila visitor Flo-Rida feat. Timbaland. The BEP's cool track, "Like That," feat. John Legend, Q-Tip, and Talib Kweli caps off the mix.
1) Phenomenon - LL Cool J
2) I Got A Man - Positive K
3) Hot Stuff - Craig David
4) Eargasmic (The Beatmeister's Remix) - Dice & K9
5) American Boy (IL Hott DJ Stronger Remix) - Estelle feat. Kanye West
6) Feedback (Extended Mix) - Janet Jackson
7) Please Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna
9) What You Got (R.E.E.O. Remix) - Colby Odonis feat. Akon
10) Wind It Up - Gwen Stefani
11) Elevator - Flo-Rida feat. Timbaland
12) Like That (Extended Mix) - The Black Eyed Peas feat. John Legend, Talib Kweli & Q-Tip
Enjoy and please leave some comments if you liked this week's set! :D